At Ocrolus, we take the security of your data seriously. That’s why we are pleased to announce an upgrade to our security with the introduction of two-factor authentication (2FA.) This optional user setting enables you to require two factors of authentication to confirm access to your Ocrolus account. Once 2FA is enabled, you will be required to provide both a password and a unique login code each time you access Ocrolus from a new device.
How to Enable Two-factor Authentication
- Download Google Authenticator (iOS/Android), Authy, or another compatible app.
- Log into your Ocrolus account, go to Account Settings, scroll to the bottom of the menu.
- Scan the QR code with your authentication app.
- Input the current code displayed on your mobile device, then click ‘Enable’.
- If successful, your browser will refresh and show an option to disable two-factor authentication. If the scan fails, you will be prompted to try again. If you continue to have issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next time you log in with 2FA, you will see this screen:
- For any questions, contact email@example.com